100,000 jewelry products on sale for you this summer

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Bali Beauty, Art and Jewelry

I just took a much deserved holiday on the island of Bali.  It wasn’t my first visit, and I did my best to steer clear of the usual tourist spots filled with cheap T-shirts and overflowing beer. As far away from the madding crowd I strove to be, and I largely succeeded.  Bali will always hold a strange captivation for me, which began when I was struck dumb by a Walter Spies painting at a local museum. Below is his ‘Morning Light’, it is simply sublime. He was a German artist whose life was inextricably intertwined with Bali.  My stay this time was spent partially at his original home in Ubud, which has been turned into a chalet style spa resort, I'm sure the process has made it lose much of its mystique. Commercialization cannot be helped I suppose. The paradox is how else was I to get the chance to stay in such a special place?


 Morgenlicht
 

Bali is beautiful, and filled with art. Her paddy terraces are best experienced in the early morning before the sun grows fierce, or in the late afternoon when it starts to retire over the horizon…

 

The Balinese are artistic, and this is reflected in the art and jewelry they create.  A typical landscape painting below features the ubiquitous paddies and Mt. Agung barely discernible in the leafy background.
 
 

A scene from the Ramayana

 

A few of my favorite souvenirs this time:
 
                            Silver mother of pearl earrings



 

 Coral jewelry
Moonstone dangle earrings
 
 
The closest thing to paradise on earth...at Tanah Lot
 

No comments:

Certification

Sarah Woodsbling, EzineArticles Basic Author

RSS Feed